Monday, August 22, 2011

Girls Weekend!!

So Monday is here after a GREAT weekend with the girls! So here is a breakdown of how the weekend went! Friday we enjoyed dinner at the new Japanese Buffet and it was pretty yummy! We wanted to make it a movie night and instead of popcorn let’s do cupcakes. Well that turned into a sugar high real quick! I put Alisia to bed and we got started on the cupcakes. This is my FAVORITE thing to do with the girls! I love to bake and have fun with all the icing and decorations. I let them go wild with it all! Of course I used this time to practice on Alisia cupcakes for her birthday. I'm trying to learn how to icing a flower on a cupcake. Practice, patience, and the right tip should work! After scarfing down more icing than cupcake it was time to watch our movie, Rango. Rango wasn't in my opinion that good, so we finished up the movie and headed to bed by 10:30! Saturday we all woke up at our own pace and skyped Chad to join in on all the fun! He joined us for breakfast and helped us plan out our day. We couldn’t decide on what we wanted to do, we were at the point to drawing ideas out of a hat! After writing down our ideas on paper we just decided to go the ZOO!! So off to Lafayette for the afternoon (we didn't leave till 12). I'm not sure why everyone plays down the Acadiana Zoo, we loved it!! I love any zoo really, but it wasn't crowded and you had so many opportunities to feed the animals and get close to them. Since we were there near to closing time all the animals were active and waiting on their supper! We got caught in a rain shower, but that didn't spoil it for us rather it cooled us down. Two cranky kids later I decided to brave the mall to look for Megan's school shoes. The one thing I loved about starting school, SHOES!! Without much of a nap the little ones survived the mall, but I didn't do much shopping. A double stroller, sleepy and hungry kids we called it quits fast! Headed home for bed and we all passed out as soon as we stepped in the door! Sunday morning came in a rush, both girls were up early and Megan had to be ready for church. I skyped Chad so he could join in the ciaos! We got out of the house to help Mimi and Uncle Scott with the estate sale. I don't think I was much of any help all I did was bring lunch and tables! We did manage to get some things accomplished and then it was time to head back for a nap so that they would be rested for Jamie's Baby Shower. Well sometimes I wonder if a nap really helps! I guess Aliana didn't get all the sleep she needed because she woke up a little too cranky. I'm sure that's the law, if you have to go somewhere and get everyone dressed someone is going to be fussy! Of course I'm last minute about everything, I've known about the baby shower for over a month but when do I get the present, thirty minutes before I'm supposed to be there! We had fun and Aliana made a little friend there too! Worn out we headed back home to get into our pj's! All in all I'd say it was a great weekend!! I enjoyed the girl time! Theme song for the weekend is “Only girl in the World” by Rihanna! Nothing in our lives is ever planed and nothing in my day is planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment