Monday, March 12, 2012

On the road again......

We've made it to New York! I love visiting here and we have seriously considered moving here for sometime! We decided to drive up and then fly home in a few weeks. Lot more cost efficient with 2 kids! Even though I travel more than 50% of the year I have yet to get it RIGHT! So I'm taking my time in the next few weeks and make a detailed packing list for my family. I'll share it with when it's complete. I looked online before I left, but nothing really worked for us. Also when we arrived we stayed in a small suite at a hotel with a microwave and small fredge no meal planning could prepare me for this. I wish I would have brought my cook book "A Man, A Can, and A Plan" with me. I smart gift my dad gave me in college. I manage to make a few meals for the girls  that mostly consisted of pasta or rice. I few days later the Apartment/Hotel we normally stay in came available. We've manage to visit here every year wither it's my husband taking classes or my dad teaching. I've come very comfortable with the area and call it my second home. Well our new place has a small kitchen but can cook anything! I didn't take pictures of anything as I didn't think they were pinterest or blog worthy. I did manage to make a Italian sausage spaghetti the other night and it was YUMMY! What I do love about cooking up here is the farmers markets and wide variety of produce at the grocery store. I've made a few simple meals, but nothing to extravagant. I have to say this has been the most difficult week to meal plan. Here is my current kitchen! Here are few pics from our road trip here. When I get some time I'm going to post some lessons learned from this trip too!

We hit snow around Pennsylvania!

I can drive through any rain storm, but a snow storm....not my cup of tea!

Outside of our first hotel the girls found a little snow to play in!

What we drove 24hours to do.....PLAY IN THE SNOW!!!

Where we call out second home...lol!

1 day to pack, 24 hour road trip, 2 hotel moves ---- WORTH IT ALL!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment