Wednesday, February 29, 2012

FAIL...SUCCESS.....

So I have posted most of my successful recipe, mostly because they came out great. Well I do FAIL at recipes, I mean a lot. I love my husband for be so patient through some rough meals. He is my critique and I love hearing what he thinks. Speaking of my husband, last night he got a sweet tooth and I didn't have anything baked....opps! He knew what he wanted for his fix, it something called a chocolate yummy. He explained that it was a graham cracker crust a chocolate layer with a whipped topping layered. Of course I didn't have everything we needed for a pudding filling. We dug through Pinterest and found a mouse recipe for the chocolate layer and I had marshmallow creme I could use for a topping. I will come back and tag where I got the mouse recipe. I printed it out and forgot to pin it. It tasted great!


Everything was turning out great until I we got to the marshmallow layer. 
I think I must have done something wrong or this was the wrong topping for this kind of pie....OOOPS!!! I used this post..... http://pinterest.com/pin/207376757811517707/. It didn't peak! We thought we would let it chill over night and everthing would turn out okay....(sorry for the tilted pic that uploaded wrong...rrrr)

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

FAIL!


Me and Chad thought it was WAY to sweet, but our daughter Aliana LOVED it. I was kind of bummed, but thought I could redeem myself on dinner....SUCCESS.  

Chad helped me with dinner and it turned out YUMMY! We baked a whole chicken in our Nuwave oven. We have only cooked in this thing once before...it was a gift. Well in the spirit of trying something new and I had to change it up. We baked a rosemary chicken with potatoes and carrots. We used the recipe that came with the Nuwave. The recipe was Whole Chicken based with rosemary, olive oil and garlic. YUMMY!! So practice, practice, practice for me!! Tomorrow I'm trying the Balsamic Green Beans again with all the right FRESH ingredients. I'm making lunch for my old office pals and I'm going with things I know will be a success....lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment